You have no items in your shopping cart.
The SLIM-LINE stud guard-girth is a new design because of the speciﬁc interest of several eventers we cooperate with. Principally this girth has the same properties as the whole Mattes SLIM-LINE girth range.
The stud guard is leather covered and shock absorbent. The martingale fastener consists of a leather strap with buckles as preferred by most top riders. The girths are available in 3 versions:
Girths with detachable lambskin-cover:
• Consisting of the base girth, padded with POLY-FLEX® and spreader insert for optimal pressure distribution.
• With separate sheepskin cover with trim around edges to avoid edge pressure and chaﬁng.
• Stainless spring loaded steel buckles and D-rings for draw reins. Elastic buckle straps on both ends.
• The Base girth cannot be used without lambskin cover!
• Girths should also be washed in the washing machine and dried in the tumble dryer. For this purpose put the base-girth into the wash bag and wash in the washing machine together with the lambkin cover outside of the wash bag. Tumble dry thereafter. Tumble dry. The temperature shall not exceed 30° Celsius. The best washing result can be achieved by using our MELP washing agent.
• It is imperative to follow the washing and care instruction exactly
• Length is always speciﬁed from buckle-end to buckle-end.
SLIM-LINE The new MATTES girth generation.
We have extended our girth range by the new SLIM-LINE. The functional principle has not changed actually improved. Advantages of the SLIM-LINE girths:
• Detachable lambskin cover
• Flatter and slimmer, therefore more elegant plus added elbow space
• Simple removal of the plastic insert and quick installation after washing
• Visible surfaces in leather, available in black, brown and champagne coloured leather.
The wool colour can be selected from our full range of colours.
Which girth do I need for my horse?
We cannot give a detailed answer to this question, since this is inﬂuenced by many factors.
• Anatomy of the horse
• The ﬁt of the saddle (Basically the saddle has to ﬁt properly)
• Type and positioning of the girth billets To simplify matters we base our recommendations only on the anatomy of the horse.
All girths have a narrow section at the elbow movement area, the surface pressure in this area is very low because it is only slightly curved, followed by a wide centrepiece with integrated cross bands and spreader inserts for even pressure distribution on the whole contact area on the breastbone. The system applied here, with cross bands and spreader, guarantees that the wider parts of the centrepiece does not develop wrinkles and does not lose tension around the edges and therefore cause reduced pressure distribution.
Important: Correct length of the short girth. Position the buckle ﬂap as high as possible above the elbow movement area. Fully tightened, the distance between the lower edge of the saddle ﬂap and the buckle end should be max. 15 cm.
Always measure on the fully girthed horse.
It is imperative to always girth evenly and symmetrically on both sides.
Stock Notice: All Mattes products are made per customer order, please allow approx 6-8 weeks manufacturing. If you require an immediate purchase please see our girths in stock.